The CalDesal Events Planning Committee has opened the call for abstracts for our 2023 Annual Conference, and is looking forward to a strong response.
Date: Mid-February 2023
Location: Northern California: East San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento region (Call for abstracts will be updated and submitters will be notified when final date and location are announced)
The CalDesal Events Planning Committee is soliciting abstracts on the following topics:
- Desalination technology innovations and advancements
- Brine and concentrate management strategies and concepts
- Ocean and brackish water desalination projects and technologies
- Tackling myths related to desalination
- Renewable energy applications for desalination and reducing the desalination carbon footprint
- Assessing impacts and clarifying mitigation obligations for desalination projects
- Cost, rate structures, and funding for desalination projects
- Desalination and disadvantaged communities
- Permitting/regulatory considerations (e.g., sea level rise, establishing “need”)
- Management innovations and opportunities for desalination project design, construction, and operation
- Other relevant and timely desalination and salinity management topics
The CalDesal Events Planning Committee is also soliciting submittals for a Poster Session during the CalDesal Annual Conference.
Abstract Submission Instructions
Abstracts for presentations and the poster session should be submitted through the following portal: https://airtable.com/shrgkjxX6TgGBhsET by Friday, Oct. 28, 2022.
Abstracts are limited to 300 words and must include the following:
- Presenter name(s) and affiliation(s)
- Presenter email and phone number
- Presentation title
- Topic area addressed from list above
- Up to 3 images related to your abstract
- In addition to serving as a presenter would you be willing to serve as a moderator (yes/no)?